Thursday 9 August 2007

An update on my Uni situation...

Well, this afternoon I had a meeting with my lovely tutor. She is such a star. I was all ready to go in and tell her that I was leaving university, I'd had enough and couldn't manage any longer. I was really very upset about this, as I've been at uni for 4 years now, and have overcome many big hurdles in this time. In these four years, I have completed one and 3/4 actual academic years of my course (does that make sense?). To try and cut a very very long story short, I went back into uni in February, and am currently trying to do the assignments for those modules that I have been studying since then. However, I'm waiting for surgery for my endo, which is happening end of September, and in the meantime am on medication that has made me brain turn to go-slow. Studying is very very hard, and in fact, no longer possible at the moment...

So, the end of the story is that I'm not leaving...horray!! (my tutor is great, and has made everything sound so much more straight forward)

I was really worried about the financial implications, but I'm going to register as an external student this year, which means I won't go in for lectures, but I can submit work for assessment. This has the added bonus that it doesn't matter how much I might have missed post-surgery, and I can just get on with finishing bits off, and will in effect study two modules from home. phew.

...that also means that I can now relax, and get up as late as I need, not force myself to sit staring at my computer, and be crafty, by sitting back in my very comfy desk chair making some more cards; woohoo!

2 comments:

Esther said...

PTL for a good result regarding your studies! Any more cards out of your crafting session?

artfulstampin said...

Hi ya... Just popped over to say check out my blog for a little bit o' candy :)