Wednesday 8 August 2007

I have entered my first card making challenge!

So, I have made a few cards today! I wasn't on top form, and so decided that it was a good idea to occupy myself for a little while when I got out of bed for the second time today.

I'm not pretending to be a pro at this, but I have enjoyed spending a little bit of time playing with some new papers and stamps. I wanted to use up some of the papers so as not to have lots of half used bits left over at the end, so made a few cards with the same papers etc.

I decided that I would like to enter this caardvarks challenge, but struggled to get to grips with what would be counted as the "one embellishment". The challenge asked to keep it simple, and to include one embellishment (the ribbon), two patterned papers, and three flowers. Anyway, this is the card that I eventually finished with;



It's for my friends little girl, who is called Elsa. I enjoyed making this, and so made three more cards;



I think at this point, I'm supposed to say which papers and stamps I have used, but I'm afraid I can't do that right now, as I don't have them with me to look at! I will aim to include all that info later.

3 comments:

artfulstampin said...

WOW! WEll done you. I love the colours on Elsa's card, and so beautifully put together and balanced. I think you fulfilled the criteria fine. Loving those papers and stamps! Particularly like the "Thank you" one.

Esther said...

OO I missed the bit about keeping it simple! Woops! You have done a lovely card, I too like the choice of colours, very warm and bright. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing more, next will have to be the 'salt' challenge!

Jenyfur said...

Great job!