Monday 20 August 2007

I've been away...

Hello,

Very sorry for my long absence. I went away last week to see some family, and to "help" at my nephews 6th birthday party. I have been feeling really grotty, in a lot of pain, and very very tired, so found getting back to Sheffield a real challenge. Anyway, back at long last, here are a couple of pics;
This is the cake that I made for Seans' (my nephews) birthday. He turned 6 on the 16th of August. In the end, I decided to make the base of the cake before I left Sheffield, and then iced it the following morning, on the day of his party...and yes, it is the infamous "malteser cake". It's a Nigella Lawson recipe, but I took the recipe from someone else's blog as its the only place I could find it without buying the book. It's a nice blog...well worth a look.


Aww, here he is as we sang "Happy Birthday". He had a great day with about 10 of his 6 year old friends over, playing games inside as it rained, and on the bouncy castle in the garden when it was dry. The cake went down really well, and amazingly, it was all finished by the end of the day. The only accident was when he did an over ambitious jump on the bouncy castle, and fell off, and knocked his already loose front tooth. You can see on the pic above where his tooth is sticking out the front! It was really horrible, half in, half out, sticking out. poor thing, but he coped very well with it, and still is, as it still hasn't come out.

Hoping to make some cards over the next few days, so will post again. Also have a friend staying over tomorrow night, which will be fab. See ya! jx

2 comments:

artfulstampin said...

Aw, that cake looks yummy! Can i put my order in now?

Esther said...

Wow what a cool idea for a cake! first time I have heard of it, ooo might just have to look up the recipe and make one. Did lots of cooking with my son today, forget how long things take to do when they are 'helping'!