Wednesday 22 August 2007

Floods and photos...

Well, small disaster in the world of Jenny (ok, very small in the big scale of things, but still very frustrating).

My lovely friend was over to stay last night, and we were a bit puzzled as to why the kitchen tiles were so wet. We teased each other about being messy washer-upers, and cleaned it up. 10 or 15 mins later, I went to put the kettle on, and there was even more water, and it had reached the carpet this time...argh, panic! Worked out how to isolate the water supply to the kitchen/living room, and turned it off. We searched to find the source of the water, and could only figure that it was coming up through the tiles...very odd. In only that short while, it had cracked all the grouting in the tiles and made quite a mess.




You can see on the grouting between the tiles where it is all wet, the water went from the backpipe of the washing machine, all under the unit, under the tiles, towards the carpet. There has been a slow leak for a while, as there is loads of mould under the kitchen unit, but it looks like it turned into a much faster leak last night.

My friend and I went to the cinema yesterday eve, and saw "Hairspray". It was a completely ridiculous film, with not enough story line, so felt quite long, but I really enjoyed it. Also, I really rather fancied Elijah Kelley...he has a stunning smile, and his character in the film was sweet.

Other news is that I was given something last week, that I'm really chuffed with, and very excited about. In my description on my blog, i mentioned something that i would really like to get; do you know what it is?....


Ok, so its really old (at least 18 years I think), and even in its time, apparently was not that great, but I'm chuffed to bits. Got to be a good starting point?! It obviously takes film, and doesn't come with any instruction book or anything, and I've never used an SLR camera in my life, so I think I have lots of learning to do. Thought about buying a book, but they all seem to be for digital SLR's. I think the best place to find one will be in a good ol' charity shop. I think I might be embarking on a new hobby!!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

oh dear - will the landlord come and sort out the water leak? Nice looking camera. I loved my old Minolta SLR before I switched to digital.. the films got expensive as I took so many.. xx

Esther said...

FAB! To the camera!! Boo to the flooding! YOu a memebr of freecycle? perhaps someone might have an instruction manual? or have a look online?... SLR's are great at least you know what picture you are getting!