Wednesday 12 September 2007

Long time no post...

Hello,

Very sorry for my long absence, life has been full of ups and downs.

Not long until I go for my operation now; I'm getting pretty nervous. I went to a pre-op appointment today, and came away feeling a bit despondent, and that bit more nervous :( Ah well, I'm really really looking forward to it all being over and done with.

Today is the 2nd Birthday of my house mate :) Yes, you heard me right! He is the little boy of the family that I lodge with, my very good friends. I was ridiculously excited, and very happy to be able to share the day with him. Yesterday, I spent what felt like all day making his cake. It went from bad to worse, and these days I have very little energy as I am constantly in a lot of pain. There came a point when I was ready to throw the whole lot in the bin, the point where I had three bowls of bright pink icing (not what I was intending!), two huge cakes cut in to lots of different sized and shaped pieces, melted marshmallow all over the table top, and a postman Pat van splattered with raw cake mix, and red food colouring.

Well, after a fair bit of encouragement, two extra trips to the shops for red colouring (one by me and one by cath), the well known hairdryer technique to dry the painted on red colouring, and an early morning (normally find it very difficult to get out of bed before 10 due to so many drowsy-making meds!) to get the rest of it decorated, this is what we ended up with.....


Ok, its not perfect...I came to realise at one point that I am not actually a professional cake maker/decorator, and it didn't need to be perfect. Dan loved it, so I was really happy. His mummy and daddy liked it too, and so did all the other children and parents at toddler group at Church.

This is what it looks like now;


Success!

3 comments:

Esther said...

Fab cake! Well worth all the hard work, shame it has to be eaten!

artfulstampin said...

FABULOUS, can I put my order in?

Rosie said...

well they do say the proof of the pudding is in the eating.. and its mostly all gone, so must have been as good as it looked!! xx